My name is Goran Nikolovski. I was born and raised in Subotica, Serbia, where I currently live and work. Creating things and learning about programming is what makes me happy. I really like my job, in fact, I don't even see it as a job, since it brings me true happiness when I do it.
Another thing that I like doing is working with servers. Setting up and optimizing a web server is as much challenging as programming. Having a good deployment tool is also essential in modern development. I like using LEMP stack (Linux, Nginx, MySQL, PHP) for servers and self-hosted GitLab for version control and continuous integration.
My whole toolset is open source, and that is why I like contributing back to the community. I truly believe in giving back -- that's why I work on open source projects, and that's also why I visit and speak at various Drupal camps and meetups.
I'm known as gnikolovski online. Below are some of the accounts where I publish my code, thoughts, and other content:
During the past several years I've worked on many Drupal 7, 8, and 9 projects. This includes many websites, webshops, web apps, and individual modules and distributions. I've gained experience in almost all areas of Drupal like:
- Drupal 8 and 9 (Backend development - Twig - Migrations - Custom integration)
- Drupal Commerce 2.x integration
- Payment system integration
- Product synchronization with 3rd party systems
- AI recommendation engine integration
- Drupal 8 and 9 decoupled solutions (both GraphQL and JSON:API)
- Drupal 7 (Backend development - Rest API - Custom integration)
- Drupal Commerce 1.x integration
- Custom payment solutions for Drupal Commerce 1.x
- Memcache, Redis, Solr, Elasticsearch integration
- Various 3rd party API integration (CRMs, mailing app, desktop software, various printers ...)
- Gitlab, Gitlab CI, Docker